Manifest Wellness is a personal development company that helps guys develop the emotional acumen and mental agility they need to manifest more satisfying and fulfilling lives. Through counselling we help them understand themselves and the world better so they can improve the way they experience life. This enables guys to develop better careers, be better partners, dads, and friends to themselves.
We are looking to contract a forward-thinking Psychologist who can provide counselling, mental health support, and supervision online and at our premises in Vancouver. We are looking for someone who can be part of developing positive culture within a collaborative treatment team approach.
You will possess a Ph.D. or PsyD in Clinical Psychology and be a Registered with the College of Psychologists of BC.
Additionally, applicants that are also Registered Clinical Counsellors will be given preference.
This role comes with great responsibilities. They include the following:
- To screen and assess clients appropriately so they may be supported, directed, or referred on as appropriate.
- To provide a structured counselling support, for adults [18+] with moderate mental health diagnoses.
- To organize and manage work and caseload.
- To maintain records to a high standard per the organizations’ policies and be willing to provide for audit and evaluation.
- To work with others to design, develop and implement information about services available for referrers, service users, and others.
- Provide clinical supervision to our team of Clinical Counsellors during case conferences, and on an as needed basis.
- Consult on service delivery, treatment framework, and counselling approach.
- Sound knowledge of evidence-based psychological practice.
- Ability to apply professional ethics and consult on ethical practice in treatment.
Education / Professional:
- To continue professional development by attending any required training as agreed with your manager.
- To abide by the professional and ethical code of conduct of the College of Psychologists of BC.
- To maintain registration with the College of Psychologists of BC, insurance, and liability requirements.
- To maintain confidentiality and security of information gained.
- To attend any appropriate meetings as required.
- Contribute to the monitoring, planning, and development of services.
- To take accountability for tracking hours and correctly invoicing Manifest.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience, preferably with males in a community setting.
- Experience working in a counselling capacity within a structured model (e.g. CBT, Solution Focused Brief Therapy).
- Experience in successfully managing own caseload.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of psychological therapies.
We’ve developed a mode of talk Therapy that encompasses some of the best practices from coaching, professional development and psychotherapy. This blended approach is actionable, goal-oriented, practical and accessible to the everyday person. More specifically, we help men:
- Craft strong, satisfying relationships.
- Transition from problematic relationships.
- Identify and overcome self-limiting beliefs.
- Make sense of emotionally challenging situations like bereavement.
- Confront their dependence on stimulants.
- Get clarity around their purpose and realize their potential.
- Be higher performers at home and at work.
- Understand and process powerful emotions.
- Address life stage transitions like parenthood or retirement.
We believe that a collaborative approach to mental health awareness in men will increase its efficacy. We work with community partners, socially-minded corporations, and government bodies to improve the services we offer and telegraph the key issues to those who need it most.
Collaborative: We believe that we are all connected and dependent upon each other for our well-being. It’s critical to us that we are creating that connective tissue and helping people evolve, together.
Brilliant: We make seemingly impossible things happen for people. That requires ingenuity, energy, and passion. We believe that amazing things happen when we bring our best selves forward.
Authentic: It takes courage to be who you really are, but we demand it of ourselves and others. We believe that meaningful change is dependent on the ability to firstly be authentic.
Thoughtful: Our work matters because it changes the lives of many people. We believe in applying ourselves thoughtfully to make sure we are contributing fully.